Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Miki

 Back in November Miki broke her leg while jumping off of the couch. We got it splinted and were hopeful that it would heal since it was a clean break. Well when we went in for her follow up x-ray at the end of December, we got some really bad news, it had not healed. It was actually worse looking than before.
We were told that surgery was the only option, and it was a huge price tag to get that surgery done! I had a very hard time trying to figure out what to do. I knew I couldn't spend $4,000 to get surgery for her, but I also knew I couldn't put her to sleep over a broken leg. I got a hold of some Pomeranian rescues and found some people that were willing to take her and get her surgery done and adopt her out.
I made the extremely hard decision to give her to a rescue here in Arizona. I've had Miki since she was 6 months old, so for about 6 years. It was really hard and sad to have to give her up, but I'm also really happy that she is getting the surgery and after care that she needs.
 I'm going to miss this little girl! 


No comments: