Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Married Life

So it's almost been a week since Josh and I got married, crazy! I don't feel much different, it's still weird saying my last name is Roper and having Josh call me his wife. I think it'll take me some time to get used to.
It's been very nice not having to worry about roommates at my house anymore. Sure I have a new permanant roomie named Joshua, but he's better than the girls I've been living with for years!
Our house is looking great! We took care of a lot of things before the wedding so when we got back the place would be nice and comfy. It looks totally different from when I moved into it almost 2 years ago. In fact it looks totally different from 6 months ago! Josh has been convincing me of all the things we could do to make it look nicer and be worth more, and we've been working hard to get them done. I'm excited to have my family come down on Saturday and see the place!
Our Open House is this weekend. I'm looking forward to that, but it'll be nice to not have to worry about buying anything else, or figuring out food etc. The past several months have been very busy, financially heavy and pretty stressful too. It turned out to be worth it in the end and our wedding and reception up in Utah went great! It was better than I could have hoped for and I had a really good time and am so thankful for everyone that helped with setting up, food, cleaning etc and for everyone that came, thanks so much!

No comments: