Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Girls Camp 2009

I just got back from 5 days of girls camp!
I think it's been about 7 years or so since I have been, and I'm so glad I got the chance to go again. (This time as a YCL leader)
I forgot how nice it is to get away from the world for a week... to not have to worry about distractions, or work, or money or anything. The spirit is always so strong and I really enjoyed my time up there. It was exhausting! Going to sleep at 12 or 1am and then waking up at 5:30 and 4:30am .... yucky! It took me a couple of days to recover. :)
This was the first time I've been away from Josh since we've been married (which will be ONE YEAR on this coming saturday!) We both survived and are now preparing for our trip to Utah to be sealed to eachother!
(My wonderful YCLs!!)
(On the ski lift on Mt Lemmon)

(Amberlee & Sydney my YCLs)

(Everything was so beautiful & green!)

(On the 3rd year hike, at the top of the mountain)

(My fellow YCL leaders... missing one)

It was great to be around the girls up there and see how they would change. Some started the week off with really bad additudes and "hated" everything, but by the last couple of days of camp they were like new girls and even apologized for their behaviors.

I was very ready to come home and see my Joshy, and my dogs, and sleep in my bed, and just get away from teenage girls for a while :) lol

No comments: