Friday, August 21, 2009

Lemon Sesame Chicken

I tried a new recipe for dinner last night and Josh and I LOVED it! I thought I would share in case anyone is looking for something a little new to try. It's fairly easy to make too!

I made it with mashed potatoes on the side and we even put the lemon sauce on our potatoes.

~~~~~~~


Light Lemon Sesame Chicken



Try an Asian twist with chicken tonight, and do it all in just 30 minutes.
Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 30 min
Makes: 4 servings



Ingredients:


Chicken
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb) (I used 1 large breast and cut in half for Josh & I to share. After tasting it later we wish I had made one breast each)
1 egg
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup Bisquick Heart Smart® mix (I used regular Bisquick)
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seed
1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil


Sauce
1/2 cup chicken broth
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel (I didn't have a lemon so I skipped this one)
2 medium green onions, sliced (2 tablespoons) (I forgot about these until the food was ready so I just skipped these as well)


Directions:
1. Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick.


2. In small bowl, beat egg product and 2 tablespoons lemon juice with fork or wire whisk. In 1-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix Bisquick mix, paprika and sesame seed.


3. Dip chicken into egg mixture, then place in mixture in bag. Shake until chicken breasts are well coated.


4. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink in center. (I cooked mine on medium heat so I wouldn't burn the outside and so the chicken would have enough time to fully cook)


5. Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, heat all sauce ingredients except onions over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened and bubbly. Spoon sauce over chicken before serving; sprinkle with onions. (You might want to double the sauce ingredients if making this for more than 2 people. We used all of the sauce between the 2 of us and even put it on our potatos!)



Here is where I got the recipe from, Betty Crocker <-- click

No comments: